Click here to see our reviews:
Are you looking for an intruder alarm? Call
A key consideration when purchasing an alarm is what you’d like to happen when the alarm is triggered. Bells-only alarms make a noise, but do not contact anyone (such as the police or the home owner). Speech diallers, devices added to the alarm panel for a one off cost, automatically contact you or other nominated friends and family by a recorded message when the alarm is triggered. The final option is a monitoring contract, where you can get a communicator fitted inside the alarm panel and pay Dunelm Security annually for our alarm receiving centre (ARC) to take action by contacting you or the police instantly if the alarm goes off.
Contact us to find out about prices, or we can visit your home or business for a free quote.
If you're looking to make your property as secure as possible to deter and catch any would-be intruders, we have a number of technologies available that complement our alarm systems perfectly. From property-wide CCTV systems to door entry systems for homes or businesses, you can get it all in one place with Dunelm Security Systems.
Further to this, we stock a number of health and safety enhancing equipment that can be installed alongside any of our security products throughout the North East including: Sunderland, South Shields, Gateshead, Newcastle Upon Tyne and Durham.
Alarms can be either wired or wireless. Wireless are generally easier to install and can be removed more easily if you move house. They use battery-powered sensors that communicate with a control panel using radio signals.
Wired alarms communicate via a small cable so don’t require batteries. The wire runs from each device to the alarm panel, normally in a central position located in a cupboard or garage. The wires are always concealed under the floor and don’t require batteries. A small compact keypad is fitted near the entry door and wired to the panel in the central location.
• Keypads are smaller on a wired system
• Don’t require batteries in the devices, only bell and control panel
• Slightly cheaper to maintain than a wireless as no batteries to replace, only bell and control panel every five years
• Equipment is slightly cheaper than wireless
• Slightly more installation cost as takes longer to install than wireless
• Sometimes it’s hard to get wires to certain places of a building so wireless can be handy
• No wires just mains power to the main panel
• Minimal disruption to your home or business
• Slightly cheaper installation cost and takes less time to install
• Equipment is slightly more expensive than wired
• Slightly more to maintain as batteries need replacing approximately every two years
Dunelm Security install new systems, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
If you have any queries please call us 24 hours a day on 07577 441 219